Solomon Church began in 1793 as a separate congregation. Its membership, both Lutheran and Reformed for many decades, can hardly be distinguished from that of Old Pine Church. This relationship is accentuated by the fact that the old German records of both churches are bound together in one volume, 125 pages coming form Solomon and 128 pages from Old Pine. The present edition of the German records is based on two transcripts and translations, the first one done by George M. Smith in 1968 and the second one by Lois B. Bowman in 1983.